St. Petersburg, Russia
Category: Tourist Attraction
The first stone building to be built in St. Petersburg, the Menshikov Palace was designed in the baroque style and constructed in 1710, first by the Italian architect, Giovanni Maria Fontana, and completed by Gottfried Johann Schädel, a German architect. Initially it served as a residence for Alexander Menshikov, Governor General of St. Petersburg and, in 1731, became the home of the Cadet Corps military school. Today, it is part of the city’s Hermitage Museum and features a collection of late 17th – early 18th century Russian art.
To enhance the durability and impermeability of the Palace updated water and sewage infrastructure, PENETRON crystalline waterproofing material and PENECRETE MORTAR crack repair materials were used extensively during the renovation.