St. Petersburg, Russia
Originally founded in 1704 by Peter the Great, the historic Admiralty Shipyards in St. Petersburg is one of the largest marine facilities in the country – and recently completed a comprehensive renovation and upgrade. Each shipyard is double the length of a football field at 12 m (39 feet) wide; about 50 m (165 feet) of the shipyard structures are submerged completely under water. The facility has produced hundreds of battleships and cruisers, as well as large merchant ships, icebreakers, rescue and salvage ships, etc., and even the roof of St. Isaac's Cathedral in St. Petersburg.
PENETRON crystalline material was topically applied on all renovated concrete surfaces at the shipyard. Earlier this year, during the winter months, PENETRON ADMIX was added to the concrete during batching because it was the only solution that could be applied in such cold temperatures. The treated concrete was used for construction of the battery charging substation located just 10 m (33 feet) from the water’s edge.