The Spaso-Prilutsky Monastery is located outside the old city of Vologda (about 470 km / 250 miles north of Moscow) on the banks of the Vologda River. This Russian Orthodox monastery was established in the 14th century; it was, however, demolished and rebuilt several times over the centuries. The main cathedral, the Saint Savior Cathedral, was completed in 1537-1542. Built as a fortress with walls, the monastery has a rectangular shape with four corner towers and three gates.
During the total renovation of the Spaso-Prilutsky Monastery, the full range of PENETRON products was applied to the perimeter walls and the basement structures of the cathedral and other buildings. This ensured impermeable walls, protection from the elements, and enhanced durability – thanks to PENETRON crystalline technology.
Back to Projects